Sunday, January 12, 2014

Picking up the Hammer

back again at the ol' desk at Purdue.  Such mixed feelings as I sit here, anticipating the upcoming semester.  Part of me is ready to get going again, the other is dreading the library.  This always seems to be the delima.  A month at home was plenty enough time, and perhaps slightly long, although I will never say that directly. A strange phenomenon happens when I go home: I check out.  No responsibilities, no worries, no discipline... in a word I get really lazy.  So the past month I have been checked out and lazy, which is nice for a little while, but it is time for life to start happening again.  Again the other side is dreading another reading, assignment or lecture.  It is interesting the tole that finals week really does take on your mental state.  That last week zaps any reserve energy you had left, and getting back into the grind is not a happy thought.

So as I am preparing for the new semester, I know I need to continue to keep a balance of school, spiritual, social, physical and psychological.  It is easy to get buried in books and let your mind go to mush before the semester is over, especially in the spring as most of the semester is shrouded in dark and dreary winter days and spending much time not inside or behind a desk is difficult. I plan to utilize Purdue's amazing co-rec much in the upcoming days, and already am planning on getting out early tomorrow morning.  If weather stays fair, then I think I can bust the bike out a bit, at least for getting to the rec center. 

Anyway, each step is taken in faith.  God has taken me this far, and He will take me on through.  He is more than a semester and bigger than a university.  I again place my life in His capable hands and trust as I take yet another step into the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment