Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014

On the day of our Lord January 5th two thousand and fourteen I find it appropriate to contemplate the upcoming year. Another blessed year has passed not without adventure, and yet as I look forward the next year seems more daunting and exciting than the last.  Where faith has always been important to my daily life, I believe this next year will put the very fiber of my faith to the test.  A few things that will come to pass in the next 365 days:

1. stepping into the work force.  No longer shielded by the university I will finally have to step out and put everything that I have learned in the past 23 years to good use.

2. New living arrangements.  I have made the decision to move out of my apartment of 4 years at Purdue upon completion of this spring semester. 

3. Internship.  A prelude to the first issue I would guess.  Perhaps these will work together.  God knows.

4. Social Circle.  As is inevitable with a college group which has become my circle in recent years, we graduate, as will I.  Year to year this group changes, and as I move away I believe that I will be partially removing myself from this group as well. 

God is faithful and always has been.  He will continue far past this year.  There is excitement and apprehension as these next steps will come and pass.  How thankful I am for a constant God in an ever changing world.  I am excited to see where this journey of faith will take me. 

Right now I am looking out the window into winter storm Ion.  The snow is coming down heavily and the wind is beginning to pick up.  Temperatures are expected to drop to -17 with windchill of -35 and of 5-8 or more inches.  This makes me thankful for a nice house to be sheltered from the weather outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment