Thursday, August 22, 2013

Grinding into the Boilermaker Routine

So with the first week of classes nearly done, I have to say it was fairly typical of a first week.  Where switching back into school mode has been tough, I think it should be an ok Semester.  I went through and looked at all of my homework requirements for classes so hopefully I can avoid missing assignments this semester (I'm really good at doing that).

I just bought a new bike to replace the one that was stolen this summer.  Where getting something stolen is never fun, I actually really like my new bike.  It's in the shop right now for some minor repairs, the chain broke yesterday, and the sprockets are showing some wear.  This time I bought a heavy duty chain that can't be easily cut.  I've had 3 cables cut so far, so I'm done with those.  I had a friend who had to cut someone Else's bike off of his because they looped their cable around his bike. He did it with a leatherman tool.  So yeah I decided if I like this bike I'm going to upgrade.

I used an online scheduling aid for classes this semester, and then used that for my schedule.  Well apparently it made some mistakes in that it gave me the wrong room for one, and then one of the recitations are not on there.  So I nearly missed one class, then DID miss a recitation already.  I emailed profs though, and everything is still in order.  Trying to get into a french class.  I have been having trouble with getting the necessary permissions, and with finding an opening in the class.  But I think a place will open up in a bit, So I have been going to it without having to do the HW yet.  Not a bad deal I don't think.

Getting to know my new roommate too.  It has been interesting, but he is pretty willing to fit into whatever we want.  We told him that the freshman did all the dishes, and he shrugged his shoulders and I think would have done it.  Not sure why we didn't just go with that... Who needs a dishwasher?

So anyway things are starting to get rolling.  A few hiccups here and there, but all in all fairly smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment