Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 5 - Another Dollar


So another day gone by.  We worked on the house again today.  I was able to do some more wiring.  We put in a fan on a three way switch, which took us a little while to figure out, but we finally did and with much joy as the house was getting warm, and the paint was having a hard time drying.  But it was a good day.

 

A few highlights of the day included being introduced to a lady who will randomly stop you to pray over you.  It was interesting for sure.  She came up to the house in the morning and prayed over us and the house, then later that day I was driving the four-wheeler down the street, and she came out and made sure that I stopped so that she could pray over me.  It was funny, and actually kind of cool.  There was a little roadside store nearby, and the Haitians working there got a kick out of it.

 

We also got to go to the hospital and sing for the people there.  That was neat as well.  They really seemed to soak it up.

 

Then finally we just got back from stargazing.  We went up to a vantage point high on the mountain, and were able to look out at all of the stars.  It is amazing what you can see without all the light pollution.  We got to see the southern cross really well, as well as lots of other constellations.

 

I'm starting to get to know some of the Haitians better, which is cool.  They just seem to be so kind with such warm hearts.  I am really looking forward to getting to know them better, beyond the first impressions, and beyond all the negative stereotypes and perceptions.

 

Today's Prayer:

God thank you again for another great day.   Your majesty is continually expressed through your creation.  We praise you and thank you.  Lord I ask that you would renew my mind, and continue to work in my heart.  Give me a heart for these people, and an understanding of their perceptions.  Please take this live and use it for your glory.  Guide me and strengthen me according to your will father.  Give me the strength, the stamina, and the knowledge for my tasks day by day.  Place me and direct me lord.  I thank you.  May your will be accomplished through this experience.  Keep us safe father, and please help us to grow.  Holy spirit, continue to walk with us.  Thank you.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment