Friday, July 26, 2013

Down Shifting


Yesterday we said goodbye to Heather and Sheila, as Sheila is visiting the states for a month and Heather has finished up her time here in Haiti.   The thing with living as a missionary, it seems, is that people are cycling through all of the time.  So you build a relationship with one, then they leave and someone else comes, and the cycle starts over again.   It's actually pretty exhausting.  I guess that is sort of life right now though.  About everything is subject to change in an instant, and just when you get used to it, it changes in the next instant.  So I'm just doing my best to stay flexible and embrace the instants for the instant they are happening.  I made mention in an earlier blog that every week was new, and so it continues to prove itself true.  Heather and Sheila left yesterday, Klopfenstein Kids and Pfisters get back Tuesday, Josh and Lugenbuhl family leaves Thursday,  Then two weeks later I pack my bags and meet a completely new Purdue group, as well as a roommate that I have never met, nor talked to.  Exciting, sure, but to be completely honest it is pretty tiring.

 

Lugenbuhl's also went on a family retreat, so I will pretty much have run of the compound these next few days.  I'm thinking about taking a day-trip on the mountain somewhere either for this afternoon or tomorrow.  Probably tomorrow.  I'm pretty excited, it is something I've been wanting to do, but haven't yet had the opportunity. 

 

Also the project Josh and I were working on hit a stall point as well, so now we are sort of back to a small-project focus again until wire comes in, which I have no idea how long that will take.  Heather also taught me to manage the time-clock in the Hospital, a task I strongly encouraged her to hand off to me when she was planning on pulling an all nighter the night before she left, which she pretty much ended up doing anyway, but at least it wasn't all spent on the time-clock.  I will also be taking care of that for the duration of my stay here, so that will help Rich  out so he doesn't have to deal with that on top of his other responsibilities coming back.

 

So again the theme continues,  It's just the same old new thing down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment